If you have not yet heard, STMicroelectronics has acquired Atollic!
If you are an STM32 developer and an Atollic TrueSTUDIO user, think of it as an early holiday present. What was the paid Pro version of TrueSTUDIO will soon be made available to STM32 developers at no charge.
ST’s and Atollic’s engineers are already at work on building a fully integrated software solution. The next-gen version of TrueSTUDIO will feature even tighter integration with the STM32 ecosystem
This acquisition demonstrates ST’s commitment to continue to deliver the best and most useful embedded portfolio and ecosystem for STM32 devices.
What does this mean for you?If you are already a paying customer of TrueSTUDIO Pro
- your existing support agreement(s) will be honored through the expiration date; new support agreements will NOT be made available
- if you have a subscription license, that license will work for the entire subscription period and then will revert to Lite mode.
- perpetual licenses will never expire; you will continue to have access to all TrueSTUDIO Pro versions currently available to you, in perpetuity.
- the features in the current Pro edition will be made available free of charge for STM32 development in the next release of TrueSTUDIO
- you can expect continued enhancements to the TrueSTUDIO IDE with specific focus on ease of use with STM32 devices
- future versions of TrueSTUDIO will NOT include support for non-STM32 devices
- Please read our Q&A related to the acquisition to see answers to common questions
We appreciate your loyalty and use of the TrueSTUDIO IDE – some of you have been with us for seven years! Under ST ownership our commitment to a high quality, commercial-grade IDE has not wavered.