Embedded system complexity has reached the point where many systems require a real-time operating system. In this free webinar, attendees will become familiar with the design methodologies necessary to properly schedule tasks in addition to understanding when and where to use mutexes, semaphores and message queues.
Important concepts such as preventing priority inversions, deadlock and thread starvation will be examined. The webinar will provide hands-on demonstrations using the STMicrolectronics STM32F7 Nucleo Board which uses an ARM Cortex-M7 processor with the Atollic TrueSTUDIO toolchain. Learn more!
The following topics will be covered in this webinar:
- Creating and managing tasks
- Methods and techniques for creating and using mutexes
- Methods and techniques for creating and using semaphores
- Methods and techniques for creating and using message queues
- Example uses for task synchronization services in a real-time embedded system
- Review scheduling dangers such as priority inversion, deadlock and thread starvation along with recommendations to prevent these dangerous situations
- Best practices for using an RTOS in an embedded system
- Tracing task execution using Percepio's Tracealyzer
- Recommendations for going further
Sign up to the free training webinar on real-time operating system fundamentals using FreeRTOS now!
Jacob Beningo is an embedded software consultant who currently works with clients in more than a dozen countries to dramatically transform their businesses by improving product quality, cost and time to market. He has published more than 200 articles on embedded software development techniques, is a sought-after speaker, technical trainer and holds three degrees which include a Masters of Engineering from the University of Michigan. His embedded bytes blog can be found at www.beningo.com.