Old habits can prevent you from making progress. It is often said that even after a long time, you only use the features of a software product you tried when you first installed the product. And so, many ARM Cortex developers still use only basic methodologies like single-stepping, running to breakpoints, and printf() debugging - despite having much more powerful capabilities already installed in their tools.
Make sure you don't fall behind other embedded developers - read this whitepaper to find out what great time-saving and quality-improving capabilities smart developers enjoy!
In this whitepaper you will learn how to:
- Develop high-quality software for ARM devices
- Become more efficient with parallel compilation and build analyzis
- Use software components in the CMSIS-PACK format
- Get greater visibility into your running system without adding overhead
- Find bugs faster with advanced ARM Cortex debug capabilities
- View the state of RTOS objects at breakpoints
- Improve your software quality with team collaboration features
- And much more!
Read about the benefits of professional tool support for ARM development, with a particular focus on ARM Cortex-M and specific capabilities for advanced ARM Cortex-M debugging including:
- Event- and data tracing
- System profiling
- Instruction trace: record your program's execution, instruction-by-instruction
- RTOS-aware debugging
- Hard fault crash analysis
The whitepaper also outlines techniques for improving software quality, including source code reviews, issue tracking and version control systems.